Dove Hair launches new collections with pop-up salon at Park City, Utah film festival
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Unilever’s Dove Hair is celebrating the launch of its new Dove Advanced Hair Series collection with a three-day salon event at the film festival in Park City, Utah.
"The launch of Dove Advanced Hair Series — new Dove Oxygen Moisture and new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil — provides women with the strong foundation to care for their hair while ensuring it has the weightless style they desire," stated Jennifer Healy, director, Unilever Hair Care. "We are thrilled to launch the Dove Advanced Hair Series collections in Park City, an ideal backdrop to premiere a collection of products with advanced weightless moisture that gives women the feeling of a great hair day, every day."
The three-day salon event marks the launch of new Dove Oxygen Moisture, which delivers moisture plus volume to fine hair, and new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil, which nourishes hair making it silky, but without leaving it greasy or heavy. Both product lines are part of the new Dove Advanced Hair Series.
The Dove Advanced Hair Series Salon, which is part of the Talent Resources Gifting Suite, is open Jan. 17 to 19. The Salon is providing women with a wash and style featuring the new Dove Oxygen Moisture or new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil collections, as well as select Dove Style+Care products. In addition, celebrity stylist Matt Fugate will be on hand at the salon to offer women expert hair services and tips.
The Dove Advanced Hair Series Salon will also feature a barbershop to give guys the ultimate Dove Men+Care shave and hair care treatment. Inside the barbershop men will have a chance to try the new Dove Men+Care shaving products and the new Aqua Impact Fortifying Shampoo.
SheaMoisture creates new hair straightening collection
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — SheaMoisture is expanding its portfolio with the new Tahitian Noni & Monoi hair straightening collection, which offers users the freedom to wear straight or curly hair styles.
The protein-based treatment products promise to smooth, soften and control frizz, leaving textured hair more manageable for up to four weeks.
"Our community spoke to us about wanting the flexibility to switch up their styles without harming their beloved curls, and we listened," stated SheaMoisture founder and CEO Richelieu Dennis. "Hair is an amazing form of self-expression, and every woman has the right to define beautiful for herself. Our smoothing system puts the power of hair flexibility directly in their hands, while actually repairing and strengthening strands."
The collection includes:
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Straightening System – Straightens without permanently altering hair’s texture, while controlling frizz. Contains everything needed for versatile styling, including Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo, Smooth & Repair Hair Straightening Treatment, Smooth & Repair Rinse-Out Conditioner and Smooth & Repair Hair & Scalp Weekly Treatment. The suggested retail price is $19.99;
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo – Sulfate-free shampoo contains strengthening and active straightening ingredients that help smooth frayed, uneven texture, while taming flyway hair. The suggested retail price is $9.99;
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Rinse-Out Conditioner – Daily rinse-out conditioner hydrates and detangles, while fortifying hair against heat styling. Active straightening ingredients aid in smoothing rough textures and eliminating frizz. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser – Lightweight moisturizing oil treatment controls frizz for a sleek, high shine finish, without silicone. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque – Deep conditioning treatment infuses hair with moisture, while strengthening and repairing hair. Helps smooth hair cuticle, while managing frizz. The suggested retail price is $12.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Hair Scalp Weekly Treatment – This weekly treatment soothes, hydrates and provides antioxidant benefits to the scalp, while promoting hair renewal and growth. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
SheaMoisture’s Tahitian Noni & Monoi products are available at select Target stores nationwide.
2013 proves to be ‘strong’ year for Beiersdorf
HAMBURG, Germany — Beiersdorf AG, whose brands include Nivea and Eucerin, recorded sales growth in all its business segments in 2013.
“2013 was an important and successful year for our group. In 2012, we developed and launched our Blue Agenda setting out the course for the next phase of Beiersdorf’s strategic development. Now during 2013, we have seen the first results of its implementation. The excellent growth dynamic achieved in 2013 across all areas of the group shows that this course is the right one,” stated Stefan Heidenreich, CEO of Beiersdorf AG.
The company’s sales rose by 7.2% in organic terms in the past fiscal year, according to preliminary, unaudited figures. Nominal sales increased by 1.7%, to €6,141 million.
The Consumer Business Segment recorded organic sales growth of 7%. In nominal terms, sales rose by 1.1% to €5,103 million. All of the company’s three core brands — Nivea, Eucerin and La Prairie — achieved strong growth rates, the company stated.
All figures for fiscal 2013 are preliminary and still subject to audit. The final figures will be presented at the Annual Press Conference and in the Financial Analyst Meeting on March 4 in Hamburg, the company noted.