Dollar Tree vet will operate newly acquired Family Dollar stores
Mondelez, D.E Master Blenders to combine coffee businesses
DEERFIELD, Ill. / AMSTERDAM — Mondelēz International, Inc. and D.E Master Blenders 1753 B.V. announced that they will combine their coffee businesses in order to create Jacobs Douwe Egberts, a pure-play coffee company with annual revenues of more than €5 billion.
Mondelēz received €3.8 billion and a 44% interest after closing the new joint venture. Acorn Holdings B.V., owner of D.E Master Blenders 1753, will have a 56% share in the new coffee company.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts will be based in the Netherlands and own coffee brands, such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Kenco, Pilão and Gevalia.
The 5 Cardinal Health programs that helped it earn DoD’s Freedom Award
- Cardinal Health has launched a Veterans Leadership and Career Development Program to provide resources to all veterans and to educate them about leadership opportunities and career development tools. It includes tools to help veterans identify development opportunities and plan their careers;
- Cardinal Health offers a free Veterans Professional Advancement Course for military members seeking employment inside or outside of Cardinal Health;
- Cardinal Health has created a Veterans & Military Advocates Employee Resource Group. It includes the Mentoring & Transitioning Team, Volunteerism and Marketing Team, HR/Talent Acquisition Recruiting Team, Communications & Acquisitions Team and Veteran Leadership Program Team. Cardinal Health also has started a Veterans SharePoint site that houses information for service members about veterans-related issues and has assisted other companies in starting military resource groups;
- Cardinal Health’s Support the Troops Care Package Event has delivered almost 5,000 care packages and received more than $54,000 in donations. Cardinal Health also has raised $1.6 million for the Wounded Warriors Project; and
- Cardinal Health conducts large “Welcome Home” events with other employers to celebrate their employees’ military service and return home from deployments.