CRN defends structure function claims in brief filed to U.S. Department of Justice
WASHINGTON — The Council for Responsible Nutrition on Monday urged the U.S. District Court in New Jersey to hold the Federal Trade Commission to the flexible “competent and reliable scientific evidence” standard for review of dietary supplement advertising. In a brief filed Friday, CRN addressed a motion by the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of the FTC, with respect to Bayer Healthcare’s advertising claims for its probiotic supplement Phillips’ Colon Health.
Sam’s Club guarantees low price on flu shots
Walmart launches in-store program to educate customers on health insurance options
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — To bring transparency and simplicity to the changing health insurance market, Walmart announced Monday it is working with DirectHealth.com to launch Healthcare Begins Here, an in-store program designed to educate customers on health insurance options. DirectHealth.com, an online health insurance comparison site which is an independent licensed health insurance agency, will provide a resource that brings Walmart customers access to health insurance information and enrollment support.
- DirectHealth.com offers access to more than 1,700 plans from 12 leading carriers including Aetna, Cigna, Humana, UnitedHealthcare and participating Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies;
- Customers can compare and enroll in health plans online at DirectHealth.com or over the phone at 888-383-2111;
- 2,700 Walmart stores will be staffed by independent, licensed health insurance agents from DirectHealth.com that can help customers enroll in certain health insurance plans. Agents can also help provide education and guidance on other insurance options; and
- Enrollment can take place during the Medicare open enrollment period from Oct. 15, 2014 through Dec. 7, 2014.
- DirectHealth.com offers access to thousands of Health Exchange plans from more than 300 leading carriers;
- Customers can compare and enroll in health plans online at DirectHealth.com or over the phone at 888-327-0388;
- 2,700 Walmart stores will be staffed by independent, licensed agents from DirectHealth.com who can help provide education and guidance about health insurance options; and
- The Health Insurance Marketplace open enrollment period takes place from Nov. 15, 2014 to Feb. 15, 2015.