Coty, Prada Group to develop signature scent for Miu Miu brand
NEW YORK — Coty and Prada Group have formed an exclusive partnership to create, develop and distribute a signature line of fragrances under the Miu Miu name — marking Miu Miu’s first entry into the world of prestige fragrances.
"Miu Miu is one of the most refined and respected luxury houses in the world and one of the fastest growing global brands in the whole fashion industry," said Michele Scannavini, CEO of Coty . "It is an exciting opportunity for Coty to build a worldwide fragrance business for Miu Miu and also to further build our own market share in the prestige fragrance market."
The Miu Miu fragrance line is expected to debut in 2015.
"The agreement with Coty, an internationally recognized reference in the luxury fragrance market, marks a major step forward in Miu Miu’s development plan," said Patrizio Bertelli, CEO of Prada Group. "I am, therefore, sure that leveraging on Coty’s know-how and Miu Miu’s strong identity, this partnership will be a worldwide success of mutual satisfaction to both companies."
Natural sunscreen maker MelanSol looks to expand availability across U.S.
BOCA RATON, Fla. — MelanSol, an all-natural sunscreen brand, has announced that it is working to expand the availability of its products across the United States.
Developed by a skin cancer survivor in an effort to help others, MelanSol contains natural ingredients. It features a combination of three bioactive antioxidants, which boost the body’s ability to fight off the formation of free radicals — the root cause of sunburn and other UV-related skin damage, the company stated. MelanSol stated that its ingredients have been certified as 100% natural by the Natural Products Association.
MelanSol sunscreen products include SPF 10, 20 and 30 varieties, as well as a Sunburn Relief Gel that provides soothing and long-lasting relief and a moisturizer. The brand also offers a Baby Moisturizer and SPF 30 sunscreen for young children. All of the products can be used on both face and body.
P&G brands kick off Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games with campaign, film series
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble, a worldwide Olympic partner, has kicked off the company’s “Thank You Mom” campaign with the “Raising an Olympian” series featuring Olay athlete Lindsey Vonn (United States), Gillette athletes Felix Neureuther (Germany) and Sven Kramer (Netherlands), and Pantene athlete Elena Ilinykh (Russia).
The launch of the “Thank You Mom” campaign marks 100 days to go until the start of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and is supported by more than 15 P&G brands around the globe, such as Pampers, Head & Shoulders and CoverGirl.
“P&G brands look at Olympic sponsorship through a special lens,” stated Marc Pritchard, P&G global brand building officer. “Our brands don’t just live at the finish line; they’re about the everyday journey athletes take to get to the Games, a journey they started in childhood with their moms. That’s why if a P&G brand sponsors an athlete, we also celebrate the mom who helped get them there.”
The P&G Sochi 2014 campaign will come to life through P&G brands and their campaigns:
- P&G Beauty will inspire women to "Look Winter Wonderful" this season, and the Olay campaign in particular will feature Lindsey Vonn (U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Alpine Skiing);
- Gillette is encouraging men everywhere to "Reveal their Inner Steel," featuring Alexander Ovechkin (Russian Olympian, Ice Hockey), as well as Sven Kramer (Dutch Olympic Gold Medalist, Speed Skating);
- Pantene and Elena Ilinykh (Russian Olympic Hopeful, Figure Skating), are proving that hair can pass the winter torture test to "Win Over Winter and Shine!";
- Head & Shoulders is washing out flakes and washing in Inner Confidence with Evgeni Malkin (Russian Olympian, Ice Hockey);
- Bounty recognizes that if you’re raising an aspiring athlete, then it helps to be uninhibited by messes with the "Let the Spills Begin" campaign featuring Julie Chu (U.S. Olympic Medalist and National Team Forward, Women’s Ice Hockey); and
- Blend-a-Med and Crest campaigns, featuring Alena Leonova (Russian Olympic Hopeful, Figure Skating) and Evan Lysacek (U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Figure Skating) highlight that when you want to get noticed you need to “Be Prepared for Your Spotlight Moment.”
Through the “Raising an Olympian” series P&G is paying homage to moms of athletes from across the globe, bringing to life the daily lessons all moms teach. Additional athletes featured in the series include Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canadian Olympic Gold Medalists, Figure Skating), sponsored by such P&G Beauty products as Pantene and Olay; USA’s Julie Chu, who is sponsored by Bounty; and Ekaterina Bobrova (Russian Ice Dancer), sponsored by Venus. The first half of the series can be viewed on YouTube.
The “Thank You Mom” campaign will come to life through a variety of media channels and in store. Two million retailers throughout the world will feature P&G Olympic Games themed athlete packaging, end caps and displays.