ColourPop makes its debut at Ulta Beauty
After much speculation, ColourPop finally put rumors of a possible collaboration with retailer Ulta Beauty, to rest. The Los Angeles-based cosmetics brand finally confirmed that several of its products would be hitting select locations on Instagram by writing to followers, “You heard right! Colourpop is coming to Ulta Beauty! ⚡️ Mark your calendars Feb 25th ✨.”
“We’re thrilled to enter Ulta Beauty doors and bring the ColourPop experience to a new set of beauty lovers. As ColourPop continues to expand and branch out into new product categories, specifically in the complexion space, we wanted to provide an in-store experience that allows consumers to experiment and play in real life with our portfolio of cult favorite products for the first time,” ColourPop’s co-founder and president, Laura Nelson, said in statement to HelloGiggles.
So what products does the Blingbrook, Il.-based retailer have available for beauty fanatics? For starters, both the Super Shock Highlighter and Super Shock Shadows are now in stock, with each coming in various shimmering hues. The Los Angeles-based beauty brand also launched two of its powder palettes — the Element of Surprise Powder Shadow Palette and Double Entendre Pressed Powder Shadow Palette — retailing for $16 each.
Also in the mix are two other palettes — Dream Feber Super Shock Shadow Foursome and First Charmer Super Shock Shadow Foursome — that are exclusive to Ulta Beauty and retail for $18 each. Those clammoring for some new lip wear were not forgotten, as ColourPop will be selling its Ultra Matte Lip in 12 colors for $6.50, and two trios of lip bundles, Wicked Trick Lip Bundle and Trifecta Lip Bundle, for $16 each.
This launch marks the second time the beauty brand has collaborated with a major retailer. ColourPop previously sold several products in select Sephora brick-and-mortar locations as well as online.
Revlon, AllSaints to launch fragrance collection
Revlon is taking on the world of fragrances and ancillary products in its newly announced partnership with contemporary fashion brand AllSaints.
“We are thrilled to partner with AllSaints, and strive to translate their unique perspective on fashion to the world of scent,” Serge Jureidini, president, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden and Fragrances at Revlon, said. “AllSaints’ impressive footprint and customer-centric mindset are perfectly aligned with Revlon’s strategy and our focus to accelerate our global business.”
Established in 1994, AllSaints became synonymous for its biker jackets and creating both accessories and apparel for men and women. The London-based company is focused on building a business model for the future, putting brand experience and consumer at the core of all they accomplish.
“We are proud to partner with an industry leader, Revlon, to launch the AllSaints fragrance collection,” William Kim, CEO of AllSaints, said. “Revlon’s strategic approach is perfectly aligned with our brand vision and global growth focus,” he added. “As a brand, AllSaints is recognized globally for its fashion-forward, contemporary, ready-to-wear and bag collections and we look forward to creating a fragrance collection with Revlon which embodies these attributes.”
The beauty brand and AllSaints’ first fragrance collection will debut during the fall. This news comes on the heels of the company calling upon actress Gal Gadot and models Ashley Graham, Adwoa Aboah, Imaan Hammam and Raquel Zimmermann to front their Live Boldly campaign.
P&G, Aldi and Henkel among Product of the Year winners
Everything from beauty to pet care was covered by Product of the Year when naming their winners for 2018. The consumer-voted awards, which are backed by 40,000 voters, are conducted by Kantar TNS — as in previous years.
To be considered, companies submitted applications on products that have been released between January 2016 to August 2017. Afterwards, a survey was compiled and users were able to evaluate a product based on appeal, satisfaction, advocacy, purchase interest, uniqueness, relevance and excitement.
The ceremony for the 2018 winners was held at the Edison Ballroom in New York City, and hosted by comedians Rachel Dratch and Ana Gasteyer. Among the big winners were Henkel, Aldi, and Procter & Gamble.
“Product of the year answers an essential question — ‘How do I find great new products — with so many launches, so many claims, how do you find the best?’ This year, a record number of products entered to compete for the winning spot in their respective categories. With the help of 40,000 consumers nationwide, we are excited to champion these winners as they have achieved that validation,” Mike Nolan, CEO of Product of the Year, said. “Product of the Years’ distinctive red seal of approval continues to help shoppers find the best new products on the shelves and give the winners a well-earned competitive advantage.”
The full list of winners includes:
- Air Care: Febreeze ONE
- Bakery: Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1
- Beauty: Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask
- Beer: Heineken Coolerpack
- Better-For-You Snack: Aldi Elevation by Millville High Protein Bars
- Breakfast: Sandwich Bros. Breakfast Sandwiches
- Candy Bar: Oreo Chocolate Candy Bar
- Car Care: Valvoline Easy Pour Bottle
- Convenience Meal: Imagine Super Soups
- Cooking: Copper Chef Deep Square Pan
- Dish Care: Cascade Platinum
- Dishwasher Cleaner: Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Cleaner
- Feminine Care: U by Kotex Fitness
- First Aid: Curad SoothePlus
- Frozen Entrée: Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken
- Frozen Side: Green Giant Veggie Tots
- Health & Wellness: Pure Protein Super Food
- Home Cleaning: Purell Multi Surface Disinfectant
- Ice Cream: Skinny Cow High Protein Packed Low Fat Ice Cream
- Laundry Booster: Purex Crystals Botanicals
- Laundry Pacs: Tide Pods Plus Downy
- Liquid Laundry: Gain Botanicals
- Men’s Hair Care: Just For Men Control GX
- Pain Relief: ProCure Epsom Salt Gel
- Personal Care: Nature by Canus Fresh Canadian Goat Milk Soap
- Pet Care: Turtle Wax Power Out! Carpet & Mats Heavy Duty Cleaner
- Ready-to-Drink Cocktail: Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer
- Snack Cup: Aldi Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt Tilts
- Spreads: Aldi Little Salad Bar Guacamole
- Sugar Confections: Toffifay
- Women’s Grooming: Finishing Touch Flawless