Coca-Cola to roll out 90-calorie cans
NEW YORK Coca-Cola unveiled Wednesday a smaller and sleeker version of its classic Coke can.
The new 7.5-ounce can is shorter and slimmer than its predecessor and contains 90 calories total of the carbonated beverage. The Coca-Cola 90-calorie mini cans were created to provide consumers with a better way to manage their calories and will be sold in eight-packs.
The new product announcement follows Coca-Cola’s recent global commitment to put the calories on the front-of-package on nearly all its products. It also follows the announcement of a new partnership with the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, which advocates a common-sense approach to helping reduce obesity by 2015.
The new packaging is set to roll out in Washington and New York beginning December 2009. The rollout will expand to the rest of the country and be well underway by March 2010. For more visit http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com.
7UP turns frowns upside down in new ad campaign
PLANO, Texas 7UP has joined forces with “notoriously serious” celebrities to illustrate 7UP’s mood-boosting capabilities.
Known for his portrayals of some of the crabbiest characters on screen, Brad Garrett is the first to experience a total transformation in 7UP’s new “Ridiculously Bubbly” advertising campaign. The idea is that even the most “non-bubbly” people can’t help but be bubblier after drinking 7UP, the company said.
More than 25 years since launching his show business career with a 7UP commercial, Garrett returns to his lemon-lime roots to test out the drink’s uplifting abilities. The humorous spot features Garrett at a sidewalk cafe transforming from “Mr. Grumpers” into an effervescent free spirit, running through the streets after one delicious sip of 7UP.
“Our consumers told us that only 7UP gives them a crisp, clean, bubbly and uplifting feeling. With this campaign, we wanted to showcase that refreshing instant lift that comes with every first taste of 7UP while recapturing the fun associated with the brand,” said Dave Falk, director of marketing for 7UP. “By choosing the most un-bubbly of people, we’ve put 7UP to its toughest test.”
The new campaign, developed by Y&R San Francisco, began airing Oct. 12 on network and cable television stations nationwide. The “ridiculously bubbly” ad campaign will continue through 2010, the company said.
Hershey gears up for Halloween with new assortments, special-edition candies
HERSHEY, Pa. Hershey has brewed up new ‘spook-tacular’ Halloween treats to excite trick-or-treaters and sweeten seasonal parties and candy dishes.
Adding a twist on an iconic chocolate treat, Hershey has transformed its Kisses brand by making them available in trick-or-treat packages each containing three individually wrapped Hershey’s Kisses chocolates. Additionally, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups introduces bags of snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins.
To make Halloween shopping eerily easy this season, Hershey offers a wide array of new candy assortments at retail, including:
- NEW – Hershey’s chocolate assortment with 28 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Milk Duds and Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bars)
- NEW – Hershey’s Seasonal Shapes assortment with 50 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Tombstone-shaped Moulded Bars in milk chocolate and Cookies ‘n’ Creme flavors, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins)
- NEW – Hershey’s candy assortment with 100 snack-size packages (Reese’s Pieces, Hershey’s chocolate lollipops, Milk Duds, Jolly Rancher Doubles, Whoppers malted milk balls and Twizzlers Rainbow Twists)
- NEW – Hershey’s candy Assortment with 125 snack-size packages (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Whoppers malted milk balls, Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars, Almond Joy and Heath milk chocolate English toffee bars)
- NEW – Frightfully Fun snack-size assortment (Twizzlers Rainbow Twists, Twizzlers Pull-N-Peel Green Apple, Jolly Rancher lollipops, Jolly Rancher Doubles and Good & Fruity)
- NEW – Good & Plenty, Good & Fruity snack-size assortment
- NEW – Hershey’s Monster Mix snack-size assortment (Hershey’s Chocolate lollipops, Jolly Rancher Doubles, Whoppers malted milk balls, Milk Duds, Twizzlers Strawberry Mini-Bars and Jolly Rancher Cherry Hard Candy Stix)
- NEW – Nuts & More Nuts assortment with 28 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Mr. Goodbar, Almond Joy Candy Bars, Hershey’s milk chocolate with almonds and PayDay Peanut Caramel Bars)
- All Time Greats assortment with 100 snack-size packages (Kit Kat, Whoppers malted milk balls, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey’s milk chocolate bars)
Hershey also helps celebrate the season with treats adorned in festive foils to spruce-up home and office candy dishes. Debuting are Halloween Hershey’s Kisses miilk chocolates and Halloween Reese’s miniatures milk and dark chocolate assortment, each individually wrapped in orange and black foils. Also new is Halloween Hershey’s Miniatures in purple, lime green, orange and black wrappers, adding a frightfully fun touch to seasonal decor.
Hershey’s seasonal offerings can be found at retailers nationwide. For more information on Hershey Halloween products, as well as costume ideas, spooky screensavers, desktop wallpapers, delicious recipes, craft activities and party invitations, visit www.TrickorTreats.com.