Survey: Women largest group among those spending less this holiday season
- They are 54% more likely to believe it is a bad time to make major purchases given the current state of the economy;
- They are also 50% more likely to say their personal financial situation will get worse over the next 6 months;
- They are 42% more likely to say they manage their money poorly;
- Those intending to spend less are 21% more likely to plan on doing 25%-75% of their holiday shopping online;
- They are 33% more likely to always seek out online reviews before making purchases; and
- They are slightly more likely (13%) to be very likely to tell friends/family about a product they are happy with.
Coty to acquire digital marketing agency Beamly
NEW YORK — Coty on Monday announced that it would be acquiring Beamly, a digital marketing company focused on increasing audience size and engagement for consumer brands, particularly on social media. The acquisition will bolster Coty’s engagement capabilities on digital media and Beamly’s team will work with Coty’s in-house marketing group to do so.
“The acquisition of Beamly will address the accelerating consumer shift in time spent from traditional media to real time digital and social media channels,” Coty’s EVP category development Camillo Pane said. “ [Beamly CEO] Jason [Forbes] and his team have proven capabilities and a proprietary platform that successfully targets and engages millennial consumers. Further, Beamly will help us to accelerate the growth of our e-commerce business, and be a positive contributor as Coty advances toward becoming a highly focused, pure-play leader and challenger in beauty.”
Forbes will continue to lead Beamly under Pane’s supervision and Beamly’s New York team will join Coty at its New York office, with the marketing company’s London team keeping their current headquarters.
“We have seen our platform disrupt vertical CPC/CPV benchmarks by 9x,” Forbes said. “With Coty, we will enjoy the scale to accelerate product innovation, expanding across clients in a 'mobile first' marketplace.”