CHPA names new CFO
International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering releases preview of its Drug Shortages Prevention Plan
- Corporate quality culture – How can organizations foster practices, values and a philosophy that require employees at all levels to subscribe to quality?;
- Robust quality systems – What triggers can affect production and the integrity of the supply chain and potentially lead to a drug shortage? How can those triggers be identified and eliminated?;
- Metrics – How can metrics be tailored to help identify risks and mitigate them?;
- Business continuity planning – At a time when supply chains are more global and complex, how can quality and competence be assured in production, factories, materials, machines, equipment and expertise?;
- Communication with authorities – How can rapid and comprehensive communication with health authorities help to prevent potential shortages before they occur, or mitigate with expedience shortages that do materialize?; and
- Building capability – How can capability be built to identify the true root causes of drug shortages, train employees, improve knowledge and knowledge management, as well as strengthen employee commitment to quality?
Weight Watchers adds to Baked Goods line
JACKSON, Mich. — Weight Watchers' Sweet Baked Goods line will get a new addition to help usher in autumn. Consumers will now be able to indulge in the salted caramel variety, which contains 90 calories.
Salted Caramel joins other Sweet Baked Good flavors, including triple chocolate, peanut butter and mint Chocolate Brownie Bliss, chocolate, lemon, carrot and red velvet creme cakes, chocolate brownie, coffee cake, cookies and muffins. The snacks can be found at national and local grocery stores for a suggested retail price of $3.29.