CHPA adds 17 members
WASHINGTON — The Consumer Healthcare Products Association earlier this month welcomed six new manufacturer members and 11 associate members to the assocation.
The new manufacturers that joined CHPA include Aurohealth, a contract and generic OTC manufacturer; Focus Consumer Health, which distributes Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion; Foundation Consumer Healthcare, which markets products Bronkaid and Neo-Synephrine; PuriCore, which produces Vashe Wound Therapy for acute and chronic wounds, including diabetic ulcers and burns; Sacks Brothers Formulations, whose products include Quinsana Plus Athlete's Foot Powder and Quinsana Plus Jock Itch Powder; and Teva Women's Health, marketer of the emergency contraceptive Plan B One-Step.
New associate members include:
- AmerisourceBergen, one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies with services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services;
- Brandperx, a marketing company that puts clients right in the hands of only the people they want to reach — via an active discussion between consumers and their trusted doctors, dentists and veterinarians. With almost 250,000 healthcare providers under exclusive agreement, Brandperx reaches medical offices, allowing brands nationwide access and exposure, and offers precise targeting by customizing a media plan by medical specialty, disease state, retailer and/or geography;
- The Food Innovation Nexus, a product development and venture creation firm that innovates at the intersection of food and medicine, identifying and developing new therapeutic food products;
- Nicholas Hall & Co., an international publishing concern specializing in OTC's, conferences and business consulting;
- Houlihan Lokey, an international, advisory-focused investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring and valuation;
- Market Performance Group; a consulting company comprised of seasoned industry professionals with retail, marketing and sales backgrounds;
- PD Holdings, a leader in spray technologies that supplies pharmaceutical, OTC and nutrition companies with drug-quality specialty and custom processed materials, including direct compression calcium and magnesium carbonates, taste-masked minerals and vitamins and complex granulations;
- RoundTable Healthcare Partners, a healthcare investment firm focused on the pharmaceutical and medical device markets;
- Sonoco Products Company, which provides a variety of consumer packaging and industrial products, protective packaging and displays, as well as packaging supply chain services;
- Strategic Business Research, a full-service marketing research firm servicing the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare industries; and
- TP-Growth, a private equity firm with investment focus on the consumer packaged good business.
PharmaSmart deploys clinically validated blood pressure kiosk in Brookshire Grocery
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — PharmaSmart announced Wednesday that it will deploy its clinically validated blood pressure kiosk and cloud-based Health IT platform in Brookshire Grocery Company’s 116 stores with a pharmacy. This includes Brookshire’s, Super 1 Foods and FRESH by Brookshire’s locations in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas.
All kiosks will be manufactured and distributed out of PharmaSmart’s New York manufacturing facility.
The recent BGC deployment follows a string of important announcements for PharmaSmart. Most notably, published, independent clinical trial results (Journal of American Society of Hypertension, December 2014) found PharmaSmart blood pressure readings comparable to daytime ambulatory monitor results — the “Gold-Standard” for diagnosing and managing hypertension.
This clinical evidence places pharmacies utilizing PharmaSmart in a stronger position to engage in collaborative practice agreements with regional providers and ACO’s. BGC also intends to leverage PharmaSmart’s clinical grade program to support Medicare Star Ratings objectives, specifically measures D-14 (Medication Adherence for Hypertension) and C-19 (Controlling Blood Pressure), both of which are triple-weighted measures of high interest to national and regional insurers.
“In this era of personalized medicine, the role of the pharmacy continues to evolve,” said Jim Cousineau, SVP pharmacy operations at BGC. “The PharmaSmart kiosk technology and its PS DataSmart data portal will ensure our pharmacists can help our customers to better control their blood pressure. As the CDC has pointed out, controlling blood pressure is the single most important thing Americans can do to improve their health outcomes.”
PharmaSmart chief operations officer, Ashton Maaraba stated, “In the United States, 65% of all diagnosed cases of hypertension are not under control. We are thrilled that we will be working with BGC pharmacists to target and treat uncontrolled hypertension. We are looking forward to working closely with the BGC family of pharmacists as they continue to demonstrate excellence in both their pharmacy operations and innovative clinical services.”
CRN, ACI to co-present regulatory conference
WASHINGTON — The Council for Responsible Nutrition on Tuesday announced its collaboration with the American Conference Institute to co-present the third annual Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements.
The conference will be held at The Carlton Hotel in New York on June 24 and 25.
“We’re very excited to bring CRN on board for this conference as this association is among the recognized leaders on regulatory and legal issues for the dietary supplement industry," said Lisa Piccolo, ACI senior industry manager. "Based on CRN’s track record and the reputations of its member companies, we know it is the right partner to help this important conference for the supplement industry to grow.”
"Although relatively new, this conference is quickly gaining 'must-attend' status, becoming a key forum for the dietary supplements industry, from top level regulatory executives to hands-on quality control and compliance managers, to convene for in-depth discussions and assessments of myriad legal, regulatory and compliance obligations and developments that impact business decisions and long-term strategies," CRN stated.
For the 2015 forum, ACI and CRN are collaborating to develop the program and gather the best industry authorities to address the challenges impacting supplement manufacturers in today’s marketplace.
“By teaming up with ACI on this in-person event, we’re able to add another level to the educational programs we provide for the industry, including our own annual conference and science workshop and our ongoing webinar series," Steve Mister, CRN president and CEO, added. "ACI is a proven expert in producing top-notch conferences, and we’re proud to be an integral part of this event.”
Loading Post Please Wait...