CardStar extends customized couponing app for iPad
BOSTON A maker of mobile loyalty card applications launched one of its popular smart phone apps for the Apple iPad.
CardStar’s app is designed to connect merchants, brands and consumers through existing rewards card programs, the company said. Since launching in 2009, CardStar’s app has had 2 million downloads and currently services more than 700,000 active users.
CardStar’s customized couponing features:
- Scissor-free and hassle-free coupon clipping: To select a coupon, drag and drop it onto the corresponding merchant’s digital loyalty card inside of CardStar for iPad. To redeem saved coupons, simply use the loyalty card at checkout, whether it’s the original plastic one or digital version in the CardStar smart phone app (iPhone, Blackberry and Droid);
- Retailer and manufacturer coupons: CardStar currently partners with numerous retailers and coupon providers, including Zavers, to provide a wide range of saving opportunities;
- Personalization: CardStar helps avoid information overload by only sending coupons for retailers saved in a user’s CardStar card catalog;
- Filtering: Users easily can see coupons they’ve selected previously or search for those from specific brands; and
- Social sharing: Coupons can be e-mailed to friends and family through the app, and users also can automatically check-in through Foursquare at checkout.
"Coupons and rewards programs have been around for decades, but they haven’t adapted to today’s ever-evolving economy nor met consumer demand for digital content. The CardStar iPad app is an extension of the mobile wallet and offers consumers another touch point to connect with merchants and brands," said Andy Miller, CardStar CEO.
Medora Snacks launches PopCorners
FREEPORT, N.Y. Traditional popcorn is getting a new look.
Medora Snacks has launched PopCorners, a popcorn snack that has a chip-like experience. PopCorners currently are available in 1.1-oz. and 5-oz. serving-size bags in four delicious flavors — white cheddar, butter, sea salt and kettle — that range from 3.5 g to 6 g of fat.
Coke Zero kicks off Playbook of Possibilities contest
ATLANTA Coke Zero is looking to give football fans a chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences with its new contest.
Coke Zero’s Playbook of Possibilities will launch an online game to challenge fans to use their knowledge of and passion for football to create their own plays for chances to win exciting prizes, including a grand-prize trip to the Chick-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta on Dec. 31. The Playbook Challenge game runs from Aug. 31 to Oct. 25, and players can participate every day for a chance to earn more points and more chances to win.
“With its Playbook of Possibilities, Coke Zero is giving fans a way to enjoy the college football game day in a whole new way,” said Bill Kelly, SVP Coca-Cola trademark brands at Coca-Cola North America. “Just as Coke Zero defies convention by offering real Coke taste and zero calories, we’re giving football fans a chance to win great prizes and experiences when they explore new possibilities.”