Calcium safety affirmed in study of post-menopausal women
EcoTools develops new hair brushes
GURNEE, Ill. — EcoTools, a maker of eco-conscious beauty accessories, has developed five new hair brushes designed with an aerodynamic EcoVent system to dry hair 20% faster, the company stated.
The brushes are made with cruelty-free materials, including repurposed aluminum and renewable bamboo and retail for $11. The five EcoTools hair brush styles include:
- Smoothing Detangler: The bristle design and cushioned paddle glides through hair for gentle detangling;
- Full Volume Styler: Ideal for styling longer locks, the rounded brush design creates volume;
- Styler + Smoother: A versatile half-round design provides the styling features of a round brush, while the cushion gently smoothes and detangles;
- Sleek + Shine Finisher: Synthetic boar's hair bristles distribute hair's natural moisturizers; and
- Quick Volume Styler: Ideal for styling short to medium hair, the narrow round design creates speedy blowouts.
Beautiful Textures names Angela Simmons brand ambassador
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Strength of Nature Global, a maker of hair care for women of color, has teamed up with television personality and style maven Angela Simmons, who will serve as brand ambassador for its Beautiful Textures line.
"Angela Simmons is a multi-talented entrepreneur, television personality and fashion designer whose active lifestyle and positive outlook make her a natural advocate for the Beautiful Textures brand," said Charlene Dance, global marketing director for Strength of Nature Global. "Angela personifies the evolving Beautiful Textures girl who loves styling versatility, from hair to fashion. She is natural and wants styling options that do not compromise her beautiful mane. From braids to protective weaves and straightening, Angela does it all and still maintains the most beautiful, healthy hair imaginable from root to tip."
Simmons is being brought on by Beautiful Textures to provide exclusive style insights and content for the brand, including social and digital campaigns and special appearances. Part of her role also will be to encourage women to embrace their hair choices and recognize the importance of healthy hair maintenance, as evidenced by her own 16 inches of hair.
Beautiful Textures kicked off its collaboration with Simmons by casting her as a co-host of the popular post BET Awards web series, "The Morning After: The Fashion Round-Up." Simmons shared her insights on the latest red carpet trends and gave viewers her own personal hair and fashion tips on how to pull off glam-worthy looks at home.