Bröö launches aromatherapy lotions powered by app
With millennials checking their phones and emails numerous times throughout the day, users can be left feeling stressed or sleep deprived by technology, according to beauty brand Bröö. That is why the company is expanding beyond its signature craft beer shampoos and conditioners and launching a new line of aromatherapy lotions that are powered by an app.
The Bröö Moods Aromatherapy Lotions are infused with a 100% natural scent, essential oils, barley and shea butter to soothe the skin. The sleep-supporting aspect of the lotion is amplified when paired with the free Bröö Moods App, a customizable sound machine that helps users fall asleep.
“Nothing gets you into a mood faster than a scent … except pairing the scent with a sound! We handpicked every sound effect and melody on the sleep menu of our app so you can mix music and sounds to wind down and craft your mood, while using our lotion or anytime! It’s as simple as apply, breathe, listen, and sleep,” Bröö co-founder, Sarah Pearsall said.
Created without the use of questionable ingredients such as silicones, petrolatum, parabens, phthalates or dyes, The Asheville, N.C.-based company’s aromatherapy lotions come in four varieties:
- Bröö Moods Sleep Aromatherapy Lotion, which is infused with lavender essential oils, barley, hops and shea butter. It comes in an 8.5 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7,49 in select Walmart stores and online;
- Bröö Moods Reboot Aromatherapy Lotion, which features bergamot essential oils, barley, B vitamins, hops, anti-oxidants, shea butter and vitamin E, comes in an 8.5 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7.49 in select Walmart stores and online;
- Bröö Moods Unplug Aromatherapy Lotion, which is infused with calming clergy sage essential oils, barley, hops, anti-oxidants and shea butter, comes in an 8.5 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7.49 in select Walmart stores and online; and
- Bröö Moods Connect Touch Screen Hand Lotion, which contains jasmine and lime essential oils, barley, B vitamins, hops, anti-oxidants, shea butter, vitamin E and butterfly bush extract. It comes in an 8.4 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7.49 in select Walmart locations.
Further information on the aromatherapy line can be found on the company’s website, and the Bröö Moods App is available for download on the App Store.
Laneige intros overnight mask for eyes
Popular K-beauty brand, Laneige burst onto the scene with its Water Sleeping Mask, and the brand is now introducing a new sleeping mask for the eye area that will be launching exclusively at Sephora.
The new Eye Sleeping Mask is an overnight treatment made with innovative proprietary technology that addresses moisture loss, de-puffing of the eyes and leaves users with a fresher appearance, the New York City-based brand said.
“We are very proud to debut our newest overnight mask — our first for eyes,” Jessica Hanson, president and general manager at Amorepacific US, Laneige’s parent company said. “As a pioneer of Korean Beauty, we are always on the pulse of the newest skincare innovations, and Laneige looks forward to continuing to lead the overnight beauty category with another efficacious mask that works overtime to nourish the skin around the delicate eye area while you sleep.”
Laneige uses its Sleep Circular technology in the Eye Sleeping Mask to reduce the appearance of puffy eyes by delivering a boost of caffeine to the eye area, and Eye Moisture Wrap technology to deliver beta-glucan to the skin, which forms a breathable film to prevent moisture loss. Also featured in the product are Sleepscent, which uses orange flower, rose, ylang ylang and sandalwood oils to relax and calm the skin.
“Since the brand’s launch at Sephora in 2017, Laneige has performed extremely well and we have just expanded to 200 stores at Sephora,” Hanson said. “Our signature Lip Sleeping Mask has exceeded all expectations and is now our best-selling product with nearly 200,000 sold in just nine months. We anticipate our new Eye Sleeping Mask will follow this amazing trend.”
Laneige’s Overnight Eye Mask is available for purchase on Sephora’s website and in select locations across the nation.
Volition’s skin care products hit Sephora shelves
Crowdsourced and consumer-driven beauty brand Volition announced that it will be hitting Sephora shelves across the nation with two of its best-selling products and one new launch.
The line, which is free of sulfates, phthalates, parabens, nitrates, coal tar, formaldehyde, BHA and BTA, also is cruelty-free. Two fan-favorite products to launch at the retailer include:
- The Turmeric Brightening Polish for Face and Body, which is formulated to addresses many of today’s skin concerns. The multi-purpose polish features turmeric to brighten, smooth and soften skin, sandalwood to tone and olive oil for hydration, Volition said. The scrub also reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and comes in a 4-oz. size that retails for $38; and
- Helix AM/PM Eye Gel, which improves hydration, depuffs and smoothes skin. It features key such ingredients as snail mucin that Volition said improves the appearance of firmness, fine lines and wrinkles, allatonin, collagen and elastin for anti-aging benefits. The gel also helps rehydrate and renew the eye area and comes in a 0.5-oz. jar that retails for $52.
“I’m so inspired by the movement among women today to work together and empower each other. Volition Beauty is one of those examples where women are collaborating to express themselves and develop products to address real concerns — not those dictated to us by an industry that’s still largely shaped by a stereotypical notion of beauty,” Volition innovator Anuradha K., who created the product, said. “The idea for my turmeric face and body scrub draws from an ancient skin care ritual from India that women use to this day. It’s an all-in-one product that every woman can use to help their skin stay soft, supple and healthy.”
The latest addition to the Volition line that will launch at the retailer is the Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50. The product contains a weightless, breathable formula with a natural scent that the company said provides broad-spectrum sun protection with titanium dioxide, zinc oxide and octinoxate. Also included are kiwifruit water and ku shen root to extract treat age spots and brighten skin, licorice extract which diminishes the look of dark spots, sodium hyaluronate that delivers moisture and an instant plumping effect and peptide to minimize pores and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The product must be applied over the entire face 30 minutes before sun exposure and comes in a 1-oz. size that retails for $35.
“As a beauty editor, I’ve learned two hard and fast truths: 1) There are no rules. 2) Except for the one where you must absolutely wear SPF at all times. For most of us, it’s the Achilles heel of skincare. I wanted to create something elegant and skin- enhancing, above and beyond sunscreens that merely do their jobs but nothing more.” Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 creator Aja A. said.