Braun selects actress Jessica Alba to be new beauty brand ambassador
LONDON — Procter & Gamble’s Braun has signed actress and beauty icon Jessica Alba as its new beauty brand ambassador.
The Golden Globe-nominated actress will be featured in a new integrated campaign for Braun, which will run across TV, print and online channels as well as in store beginning in March.
“Jessica Alba is a strong, passionate woman and an advocate for others; she is the perfect ambassador to talk about the role beauty and our products play in helping women to feel their best. Braun admires her for her principles, her talents and her ability to juggle a demanding acting career with being a great Mum,” stated Alessandra Dolfini, global Braun marketing director.
Alba is an actress, a known supporter of women’s causes and mother of two girls. Her acting career began at the age of 12 years. After studying at the Atlantic Theatre Co. with founders William H. Macy and David Mamet, she went on to star in James Cameron’s “Dark Angel.” She has since made more than 25 feature films, including “The Fantastic Four” and “Sin City.”
Alba’s upcoming films include “Dear Eleanor,” “Barely Lethal,” “Sin City: A Dame To Kill For” and “How To Make Love Like An Englishman” opposite Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek and Malcolm McDowell.
Schick unveils 4-in-1 facial hair styling tool
SHELTON, Conn. — Schick, an Energizer Personal Care brand, has officially announced the launch of its new Schick Hydro 5 Groomer, a 4-in-1 facial hair styling tool designed to simplify, enhance and personalize grooming routines for men.
With the rising popularity of facial hair as a modern accessory, many men look for specialized tools to maintain their personal style. The new Schick Hydro 5 Groomer features the innovations of the Schick Hydro 5 razor on one end, which hydrates throughout each shave, and an adjustable built-in trimmer on the other for a simplified shave routine that doesn’t involve attachments that could get lost or broken.
Boasting Schick Hydro technology, the groomer —
- Shaves using Ultra Glide blades and patented skin guards that help reduce friction while smoothing the surface of the skin and doubling the points of contact with the blades, for less irritation;
- Trims with an adjustable power trimmer featuring a wide comb and sharp blade for customized style and improved cutting efficiency;
- Hydrates with a gel reservoir that lasts up to twice as long as ordinary lubricating strips, continues to add lubrication to the skin with every stroke and hydrates throughout each shave; and
- Edges with a flip trimmer that exposes all five blades, allowing men to trim tight and hard to reach spaces with ease.
The Schick Hydro 5 Groomer has a sleek handle that requires one AAA Lithium battery, and its blades are compatible with Schick Hydro 5 and Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive refill cartridges. The Schick Hydro 5 Groomer became available beginning in February.
New hair care line for Latinas to hit Target shelves
TAMPA BAY, Fla. — The Stephan Co., a developer of hair and skin care products, has created a new line of hair care products designed specifically for Latinas. Enter Imágen.
The Imágen line is comprised of consists of six products:
- Moisturizing shampoo with avocado oil and botanicals to naturally revive dry, damaged hair;
- Strengthening conditioner formulated to penetrate the hair shaft, instantly detangling and smoothing even problem hair;
- Leave-in conditioner – a protein-enriched complex that restores moisture and softness;
- Temporary straightener to temporarily remove curl and frizz without harsh chemicals;
- Shine – a weightless mist that adds brilliant shine; and
- Anti-frizz serum – a greaseless finishing balm to tame ‘frizzies’ and seal split ends.
The Stephan Co. also offers Imágen in value sizes for everyday use for the whole family.
In recent years, the Latino consumer has emerged as a force to be reckoned with, spending 43% more on branded hair products than the average shopper. Currently the fastest growing ethnic group in the United States, the Latino population is projected to increase by 167% before 2050, compared with 42% for the general population. Its spending power is moving in the same direction and is projected to grow from $1 trillion based on 2010 figures to $1.5 trillion in 2015, the manufacturer stated.
“Today’s Latina consumer is a highly sophisticated shopper who is often fluent in both English and Spanish and equally comfortable moving between both cultures. She’s looking for a product that is tailored to her specific hair care needs and is backed by an authentic brand with values that are consistent with what matters most to her — family and community,” stated The Stephan SVP sales, Paul Crouch. “We’ve done our homework and are confident that Imágen achieves on all fronts, from formulation to packaging to how we plan to engage Latina consumers.
The Stephan Co. will support Imágen through grassroots efforts and social media, and will connect with Latina consumers through national online contests and aggressive sampling at targeted events in key Hispanic markets.
Imágen Salon Formula is slated for release at Target in April. All SKUs have a suggested retail price of $7.97 each.