Boar’s Head intros premium summertime snacking options
SARASOTA, Fla. — Boar’s Head Brand, a producer of deli products, announced it’s rolling out a line of premium products, which range from jerky to hummus snack packs.
"Busy parents and anyone on-the-go can enjoy a convenient, delicious and nutritious snack with the premium Boar's Head snacking line," said Elizabeth Ward, director of communications for Boar's Head brand. "Whether planning a road trip or looking for a quick protein boost between meals, Boar's Head snacking products are a satisfying complement to your busy summertime schedule."
The premium snack line includes:
- Butcher Craft London Broil Seasoned All Natural Beef Jerky & Buffalo Style All Natural Turkey Jerky: A grab-and-go snack made with no artificial colors or flavors and 10 g of protein per serving;
- Cheese Snack Pouches, which are available in three varieties: Vermont Cheddar Cheese, Gruyere Cheese, and a combo pack featuring 3 Pepper Colby Jack and Chipotle Gouda Cheeses. The cheese snacks come individually wrapped, making them a handy addition for a lunch bag or a cooler as you hit the beach, the company said;
- Hummus Snack Packs: Boar's Head Hummus Snack Packs come with an individual serving of hummus paired with gluten-free pretzels, and are available in two flavor options: traditional hummus or roasted red pepper hummus;
- Hummus Singles: This snack is single-portioned and available in the following Hummus flavors: traditional, roasted red pepper and roasted chipotle pepper;
- Antipasto Packs: The packs feature Boar's Head Genoa Salame & Picante Provolone Cheese or Sopressata & Picante Provolone Cheese pre-sliced antipasto combinations. They can be stacked for a quick treat, or arranged on an antipasto party platter for entertaining, the company said.
The new snacks are available at select supermarkets, gourmet stores and delicatessens across the country.
Sargento expands beyond cheese with latest snack product
PLYMOUTH, Wis. — Sargento Foods is expanding its snack products beyond cheese for the first time with the introduction of Sargento Balanced Breaks, the company on Tuesday announced. The Balanced Breaks snack — which combines natural cheese, roasted nuts and dried fruits — contains 7 g of protein and between 170 to 190 calories.
"Today's health-conscious consumers are looking for portable snacks that balance nutrition and great taste," said Chris McCarthy, director of marketing for the Sargento Foods Consumer Products Division. "With Sargento Balanced Breaks, consumers have a delicious new option to add to their snacking routine."
Balanced Breaks will be available in the following varieties:
- Natural White Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted almonds and dried cranberries;
- Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted cashews and cherry-infused cranberries;
- Natural Pepper Jack Cheese, honey roasted peanuts and raisins; and
- Natural Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted cashews and golden raisin medley.
Consumers can find Sargento’s new product in a package of three 1.5-oz snacks for a suggested retail price of $3.69
Hershey introduces new mint chews
HERSHEY, Pa. — The Hershey Co. on Wednesday debuted Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews, which provide consumers a “blast” of mint flavor in the form of a chew. The company is positioning the product as an alternative to traditional breath fresheners currently gracing retail shelves. The chews rapidly dissolve, the company noted, allowing for discrete use in social occasions.
"Hershey is dedicated to offering our fans new and differentiated products that fit with their needs and taste preferences," said Bill Blubaugh, director of refreshment. "As consumers seek out faster, more discreet ways to freshen breath, Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews offer a solution that provides long-lasting freshness in an instant."
The chews are available in an 0.8-oz slide pack in spearmint and peppermint flavors for a suggested retail price of $2.09.
Loading Post Please Wait...