Bioré expands acne collection, intros baking soda cleansing foam
Bioré is getting foamy with the latest addition to its skin care acne collection. The New York City-based brand has unveiled a new innovation, the baking soda acne cleansing foam, which aims to help users say goodbye to an irritated or bumpy complexion.
To commemorate this new launch, the beauty company called upon its brand ambassador and “Riverdale” star Madelaine Petsch to showcase the product in a fun photoshoot.
Previously only consisting of three products, the skin care acne collection will now include:
- The Bioré baking soda acne cleansing foam that is formulated for combination skin, the new daily cleanser gently removes daily surface dirt and oil to achieve a deep clean without over cleansing or stripping skin of its moisture. The product’s thick, rich formula contains baking soda agents that deep clean pores while salicylic acid treats and prevents breakouts;
- The Bioré baking soda acne scrub that gently exfoliates with spherical beads to remove pore-clogging dead skin cells, while treating existing acne and banishing future breakouts with salicylic acid. The product’s creamy formula conditions and softens skin;
- The Bioré charcoal acne scrub that contains oil-absorbing charcoal, acne-fighting salicylic acid and proprietary technology that allows for deep cleaning without over-drying. This scrub for oily skin contains exfoliating beads and skin-polishing microcrystals that clear away dead skin cells without irritating or stripping skin of moisture; and
- The Bioré charcoal acne clearing cleanser that features a liquid-cleanser, able to achieve pore-clearing clean without over-drying, stripping skin or causing irritation. The product’s natural charcoal absorbs oil while salicylic acid treats existing pimples and prevents new ones from forming.
Further information on the collection can be found on the company’s website. The baking soda acne cleanser is available for purchase at select food, drug and mass merchant stores for the suggested retail price of $6.49.
YouCam Makeup, Eylure bring lash styles to AR-powered app
As part of its expansion beyond the world of lipsticks and eyeshadows, YouCam Makeup has announced a partnership with Eylure, which will allow users to try on and shop the latest trends in false eyelashes.
The integration of the New York City-based company’s augmented reality technology delivers users an authentic false lash try-on experience that brings Eylure’s line of products to life with a simple tap, the company said.
“We are thrilled to partner with the innovative influencer-driven brand Eylure to make their curated lash styles more accessible than ever before,” Alice Chang, CEO of Perfect, said. “YouCam is excited to further elevate the gorgeous styles of Eylure’s empowering curators to bring the lashes to life in a whole new dimension.”
In-app offerings from Eylure will feature lashes from influencer-curated collections by Las Vegas social media guru Vegas Nay, YouTube celebrity Jasmine Brown, makeup guru Krazyrayray and top-selling lashes from the U.K.-based brand’s silk effects, faux mink, definition and wispy collections.
A total of 10 Eylure lashes will be available for users to choose from, and YouCam’s AR try on allows consumers to test out all the styles in less than 10 seconds, the company said.
“Partnering with YouCam was a perfect match, and we’re so excited for consumers — and potential new ones — to experience our curated lash styles themselves,” Dametria Mustin, global marketing director of PCD Brands, said. “Whether you’re looking for that natural everyday look, or something more dramatic, our lashes add just the right amount of glam to take your style to the next level.”
In addition to lashes, YouCam Makeup will be coding in Jasmine Brown’s signature beauty look, including dark berry lips and dramatic contouring for users to experience and try on for themselves.
YouCam Makeup is currently available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
Gillette emphasizes importance of variety in men’s shaving products
When it comes to men’s shaving products, one size does not fit all.
To do this, the men’s grooming brand called upon “This Is Us” star Justin Hartley and men’s style influencer Adam Gallagher to co-host the demonstration in New York City, and used twin male models — New England Patriots defensive back Devin McCourty and his identical twin Jason McCourty, who also plays for the Patriots — to showcase these trends.
“I’ve turned my passion for individuality and style into my profession, helping men find their unique look that sets them apart from the crowd,” Gallagher said. “Gillette has the full lineup of tools guys need to achieve their look in any setting and at any budget. No other brand offers that versatility.”
The Boston-based brand’s new collection includes upgraded features at all points in both disposable and refillable razor options. Featured products within the presentation were:
- The Sensor3 Cool that features Gillette’s cooling technology, a pivoting head that adjusts to face contours, and offers up to 10 smooth shaves in a disposable razor. Previously only available on the top-of-the-line Fusion5 ProShield Chill, the product retails for $4.99 for a pack of three or $5.99 for a pack of five;
- The Gillette3 that contains three blades for a comfortable shave, aqua grip handles for total control and a front pivoting head that transfers the pressure of a user’s hand away from the blades for better skin comfort. A razor handle and two cartridges retail for $7.99;
- The Gillette5 that includes five blades for a comfortable shave, aqua grip for a strong grip and control and 15 soft microfins, which gently stretch the skin to create a smooth, even surface for the blades to glide over. Two cartridges and a razor handle retails for $7.99;
- The Mach3 that features low cutting force blades that deliver a smooth shave with less tug and pull, a skin guard with five microfins that stretch the skin for a smooth and even shave and a metal handle that includes elastomer grip points for better control. A razor handle and one cartridge retails for $5.99; and
- The Fusion5 that contains five antifriction blades that help reduce pressure per blade for a comfortable shave and a flexible microfin comfort guard to set up a beard for a close shave. A razor handle and one cartridge retail for $6.99.
“Gillette knows that all men are unique. Each one has a very specific look, style, preference or budget, and that’s something to be celebrated and recognized,” Pankaj Bhalla, director of Gillette and Venus North America, said. “It’s our mission to design, build and offer every man options when it comes to his grooming choices, allowing him to prioritize the features he values most, be it convenience, experience, comfort, closeness, price or otherwise. Gillette’s range of products means we have a razor for every guy, and variety that’s not offered by any other company or brand — and that’s something we’re proud of.”