Auntie Anne’s expands product line
LANCASTER, Pa. — Auntie Anne’s, a soft-pretzel franchise, on Monday revealed that it’s introducing an expanded collection of retail pretzel products just in time for National Pretzel Day on April 26.
The line is now available in grocery and mass-market stores across the countries and now includes Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Pocket Sandwiches.
“We are so proud to be sharing this news with Auntie Anne’s fans in time for National Pretzel Day,” said Kat Cole, group president of Focus Brands, parent company of Auntie Anne’s. “Our awesome fans appreciate convenience and wholesome, quality ingredients, so they will ‘eat up’ these new prepare-at-home products. The new retail line brings the fresh-baked taste and aroma we’re known for right into their kitchens.”
In addition to the sandwiches, the collection includes Auntie Anne’s original Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Nuggets — available in classic and cinnamon sugar varieties — as well as the Pretzel Dogs. Each package of soft pretzels and pretzel nuggets comes with individual pretzel butter and salt or cinnamon sugar packets.
Mountain Dew brings back Blast
PURCHASE, N.Y. — Mountain Dew has some great news for fans of its Mtn Dew Baja Blast beverage: The oft-requested flavor will be available in bottles again for spring and summer 2015, beginning April 20. And for the first time, Mtn Dew Sangrita Blast, a citrus-punch beverage available only at Taco Bell will also be available for a limited time in bottles and cans.
"Mountain Dew has always been committed to having ongoing conversations with our loyal fans and really listening to what they want," said Greg Lyons, VP of marketing, Mountain Dew. "After seeing the excitement DEW Nation had with last year's surprise announcement of Mtn Dew Baja Blast coming to shelves, there was no question we had to bring it back."
The two beverages are only available while supplies last. Baja Blast made its debut over a decade ago as an exclusive beverage at Taco Bell. According to the brand, it’s the second largest and fastest growing beverage sold at Taco Bell, amassing more than $1 billion in sales since it was first introduced.
Boar’s Head intros premium summertime snacking options
SARASOTA, Fla. — Boar’s Head Brand, a producer of deli products, announced it’s rolling out a line of premium products, which range from jerky to hummus snack packs.
"Busy parents and anyone on-the-go can enjoy a convenient, delicious and nutritious snack with the premium Boar's Head snacking line," said Elizabeth Ward, director of communications for Boar's Head brand. "Whether planning a road trip or looking for a quick protein boost between meals, Boar's Head snacking products are a satisfying complement to your busy summertime schedule."
The premium snack line includes:
- Butcher Craft London Broil Seasoned All Natural Beef Jerky & Buffalo Style All Natural Turkey Jerky: A grab-and-go snack made with no artificial colors or flavors and 10 g of protein per serving;
- Cheese Snack Pouches, which are available in three varieties: Vermont Cheddar Cheese, Gruyere Cheese, and a combo pack featuring 3 Pepper Colby Jack and Chipotle Gouda Cheeses. The cheese snacks come individually wrapped, making them a handy addition for a lunch bag or a cooler as you hit the beach, the company said;
- Hummus Snack Packs: Boar's Head Hummus Snack Packs come with an individual serving of hummus paired with gluten-free pretzels, and are available in two flavor options: traditional hummus or roasted red pepper hummus;
- Hummus Singles: This snack is single-portioned and available in the following Hummus flavors: traditional, roasted red pepper and roasted chipotle pepper;
- Antipasto Packs: The packs feature Boar's Head Genoa Salame & Picante Provolone Cheese or Sopressata & Picante Provolone Cheese pre-sliced antipasto combinations. They can be stacked for a quick treat, or arranged on an antipasto party platter for entertaining, the company said.
The new snacks are available at select supermarkets, gourmet stores and delicatessens across the country.
Loading Post Please Wait...