Alaffia’s Beautiful Curls products now available at Whole Foods
OLYMPIA, Wash. Alaffia, a fair trade and natural beauty company, has announced that its line of hair care products now is available at Whole Foods and select food stores.
The Beautiful Curls products are formulated specifically for waves, curls and kinky hair. Beautiful Curls formulas combine unrefined shea butter with fresh plant extracts, unrefined oils and naturally sourced additives to soften, moisturize and enhance curls. They are free of harsh sulfates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances and parabens, and they are not tested on animals.
The curl-activating shea butter system for curly to kinky hair collection includes:
- Shea butter curl activating shampoo;
- Shea butter curl activating leave-in conditioner;
- Shea butter deep-conditioning treatment;
- Shea butter curl activating cream;
- Shea butter curl sculpting wax; and
- Shea butter curl reviving tonic.
The curl-enhancing shea butter system for wavy to curly hair collection includes:
- Shea butter curl enhancing shampoo;
- Shea butter curl enhancing leave-in conditioner; and
- Shea butter curl defining gel.
The curl-nurturing shea butter system for babies and up line includes:
- Shea butter curl-nurturing shampoo; and
- Shea butter curl-nurturing leave-in conditioner.
Hard Candy beauty promotions to hit Walmart this fall
NEW YORK Hard Candy, which is sold exclusively at Walmart, will be offering its Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows — which are highly pigmented wet/dry shadows that instantly make eyes pop –with a mini eye shadow primer at no additional cost between September and November.
Hard Candy eye shadow primer, although not sold as an individual product, has achieved cult status among Hard Candy aficionados. Previously, this product only was available attached to the In The Shadows collection. The Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows and the newly attached mini eye shadow primer will be priced at $6.
For the same two-month period this fall, every Sheer Envy Face Primer will be sold with a mini plumping serum in light pink Girl Next Door. In addition, Mouthing Off, a favorite gloss across the board, will be paired with a glittering black Walk the Line liner in Asphalt and Hot Smudge.
Tom’s of Maine to air free online chat series in conjunction with new toothpaste, mouthwash line
KENNEBUNK, Maine To celebrate the launch of its new Wicked Fresh! toothpaste and mouthwash line, Tom’s of Maine has developed a free online chat series open to the public dubbed “Wicked Fresh! Wednesdays.”
As reported in June by Drug Store News, the new Wicked Fresh! toothpaste is the first to feature the company’s patent-pending, flavorless botanical licorice root extract combined with natural mint flavor oils to help banish bad breath. The Wicked Fresh! mouthwash is powered by naturally sourced mineral zinc oxide and is nonalcoholic. The toothpaste has a suggested retail price of $4.29 and the mouthwash is $4.99. The chat series is part of the product launch, which also includes a partnership with the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical “Wicked.”
The chat series, hosted on the Tom’s of Maine Facebook page, will air Wednesdays during the month of September and kicks off with actor Peter Facinelli of the “Twilight” series; followed by Mandy Gonzalez, star of “Wicked” on Broadway; green-living expert Sophie Uliano; and fashion designers Stewart+Brown. The Wicked Fresh! chat series is a live Q&A for fans.
- Wednesday, Sept. 1: Peter Facinelli – The actor, known for his roles as Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the “Twilight” series and Dr. Cooper on “Nurse Jackie,” will give fans a peek into his life both on and off set and why he is passionate about Save the Whales, among other charities to which he lends his time and financial support.
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: Mandy Gonzalez – Gonzalez portrays Elphaba in the Broadway blockbuster “Wicked,” which has helped launch the Broadway Green Alliance, an industry-wide initiative to reduce the Broadway community’s carbon footprint.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15: Sophie Uliano – The green guru and New York Times’ best-selling author of the “Gorgeously Green” series of books and GorgeouslyGreen.com will talk about her new book “Do It Gorgeously” and her commitment to Canswerlink, and will share advice for creating an earth-friendly life.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22: Stewart+Brown – Fashion designers and entrepreneurs Karen Stewart and Howard Brown, pioneers in the sustainable fashion movement, will share fall fashion tips, how they source fabrics and their perspectives on eco-fashion.
Each Wednesday’s chat will run live for one hour from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, with the exception of Gonzalez’ chat, which will air from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT. The chats are open to the general public and questions will be accepted prior to and during the chat session. To participate or submit a question, visit Facebook.com/TomsofMaine.