Actress, environmental activist Alicia Silverstone teams up with EcoTools
NEW YORK EcoTools, a brand from Paris Presents, has teamed up with actress and environmental activist Alicia Silverstone to develop an earth-friendly makeup bag and brush collection.
EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone is a collection of chic carryalls that have a floral design inspired by Silverstone’s favorite flowers: lavender, rose, chrysanthemum, cosmo and thyme. Furthermore, the entire collection is comprised of such eco-friendly materials as natural hemp, recycled PET and non-toxic inks.
The collection includes:
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone 5 Piece Brush Set and Bag: A limited edition brush set and bag that features four of her must-have brushes and directions to help beauty mavens create a natural look. The suggested retail price is $15.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Cosmetic Brush Bag: This cosmetic brush bag contains a limited edition blush brush and has a separate compartment for brushes so they stay clean. The suggested retail price is $12.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Train Case: This case features a clear, removable compartment inside. The suggested retail price is $14.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Overnight Bag: This bag features two interior compartments that are removable and versatile to keep contents clean and tidy. The suggested retail price is $19.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Cosmetic Bag: This is the staple of any makeup bag collection and is ideal for the girl on the go. The suggested retail price is $8.99.
EcoTools is partnered with 1% For The Planet, an alliance of businesses committed to leveraging their resources to create a healthier planet, so 1% of EcoTools’ annual sales are donated to organization.
The collection is launching at Walgreens and Target in December.
Zion Health announces launch of Derma Xtreme
SAN FRANCISCO Zion Health has announced the launch of its new clay skin care cream called Derma Xtreme, which is designed to help reduce the appearance of redness related to rosacea, eczema and sunburns.
Derma Xtreme is a calming cream that allows rosacea suffers a nonprescription alternative to reduce the symptoms of red skin without the harsh side effects. Herbs of bisabolol, myrcia, Canadian willow bark and German chamomile contain anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties to help relieve irritated, red skin.
According to the National Rosacea Society, more than 14 million Americans suffer from redness of the skin. Gallup survey found that 78% of Americans have no knowledge of this condition, including how to recognize it and what to do about it.
Maybelline New York to serve as cosmetic sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
NEW YORK Maybelline New York, along with sports, entertainment and media company IMG, will serve as the official cosmetic sponsor of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City’s Bryant Park.
The two-year agreement, which begins at the upcoming spring collections in September, will carry through to the event’s planned move to Lincoln Center in September 2010.
Maybelline New York will support a selection of established and up-and-coming designers including Charlotte Ronson, Tracy Reese, Michael Angel and Erin Wasson x RVCA. Charlotte Willer, the brand’s global makeup artist, will lead the makeup teams.