AARP report: Decreases in generics prices are slowing down
FDA approves two IBS treatments
CVS/pharmacy targets Hispanic shoppers with rebranded Miami locations
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — The fruits of CVS Health’s acquisition of Navarro Discount Pharmacy last year are emerging as the company has rebranded a dozen stores in South Florida as CVS/pharmacy y más stores.
Twelve CVS/pharmacy y más stores, including 11 remodeled CVS stores and one brand new store, feature a bilingual staff and bilingual signage, the addition of more than 1,500 well-known Hispanic brands — such as Café la Llave, Agustin Reyes and Fabuloso — and new services unique to a national retail pharmacy.
“The goal of CVS/pharmacy y más is to create an environment where our Hispanic customers feel at home and can receive CVS/pharmacy’s best in class pharmacy services along with personalized products and services to better meet their diverse needs,” stated Gabriel Navarro, chief of Hispanic Consumer Growth at CVS/pharmacy. “The “y más” signifies the availability of more products and services that are important to the Hispanic consumer and an overall shopping environment that is more tailored to the Hispanic consumer, with warmer and more personal customer service.”
Additional unique features to CVS/pharmacy y más include —
- New Navarro Fragrance Counter: A fully staffed fragrance counter featuring a large assortment of designer fragrances priced lower than department stores.
- Enhanced Value: Competitive pricing on hundreds of products and more value sized/family sized products.
- New Services: A digital service center featuring an authorized dealer and payment center for metroPCS, bill payments services for utilities, phone and cable, and money transfer services to a wide variety of countries.
- Later this summer, an OTC Health Solutions Counter will provide customers with a dedicated space to pick up OTC products that are covered by their health insurance provider.
- Cafecito (Cuban coffee) will be served at the pharmacy at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., daily.
CVS/pharmacy y más stores can be found at the following locations in the Miami area:
• 12180 SW 8th St. (New store)
• 2500 SW 22nd St.
• 8720 W. Flagler St.
• 9720 SW 8th St.
• 650 NW 27th Ave.
• 690 NW 57th Ave.
• 2599 SW 147th Ave.
• 1200 W 68th St., Hialeah
• 10700 NW 74th St., Doral
• 7199 SW 117th Ave., Kendall
• 101 Hialeah Drive, Hialeah
• 2780 Campbell Dr., Homestead
To celebrate the launch of CVS/pharmacy y más, free weekly events will be held for the community at all 12 stores through June 13.
South Florida marks the first market in which the brand has launched and, according to local reports, is expected to be introduced in additional U.S. cities going forward.
The move comes as little surprise as the retailer continues to test an array of changes to further enhance its front-store clustering efforts, which, according to CVS Health executives, includes a number of store resets that leverage the knowledge gained from the acquisition of Navarro Discount Pharmacy, a South Florida chain that caters to the Hispanic consumer.
“We are gaining insights about how Navarro merchandises products differently in every category and we’re leveraging their expertise to learn more all about the services, products, value and atmosphere that resonate with the Hispanic cluster,” said Foulkes. “… We intend to use the Navarro expertise to help us make our existing Hispanic stores across the CVS chain even more relevant to the customers we are serving every day,” Helena Foulkes, EVP and president of CVS/pharmacy, told analysts during the company’s Annual Analyst Day in December in New York City.