7UP turns frowns upside down in new ad campaign
PLANO, Texas 7UP has joined forces with “notoriously serious” celebrities to illustrate 7UP’s mood-boosting capabilities.
Known for his portrayals of some of the crabbiest characters on screen, Brad Garrett is the first to experience a total transformation in 7UP’s new “Ridiculously Bubbly” advertising campaign. The idea is that even the most “non-bubbly” people can’t help but be bubblier after drinking 7UP, the company said.
More than 25 years since launching his show business career with a 7UP commercial, Garrett returns to his lemon-lime roots to test out the drink’s uplifting abilities. The humorous spot features Garrett at a sidewalk cafe transforming from “Mr. Grumpers” into an effervescent free spirit, running through the streets after one delicious sip of 7UP.
“Our consumers told us that only 7UP gives them a crisp, clean, bubbly and uplifting feeling. With this campaign, we wanted to showcase that refreshing instant lift that comes with every first taste of 7UP while recapturing the fun associated with the brand,” said Dave Falk, director of marketing for 7UP. “By choosing the most un-bubbly of people, we’ve put 7UP to its toughest test.”
The new campaign, developed by Y&R San Francisco, began airing Oct. 12 on network and cable television stations nationwide. The “ridiculously bubbly” ad campaign will continue through 2010, the company said.
Minute Maid launches new juice
HOUSTON Minute Maid is giving consumers an energy lift with new Minute Maid Enhanced strawberry kiwi flavored juice drink. The drink combines an extract from yerba mate, a plant native to South America that contains natural caffeine, with real fruit juice to provide a delicious and natural energy boost.
“Minute Maid is constantly looking for new ways to meet the needs of health-conscious consumers,” said Mike Saint John, president Minute Maid business unit. “Minute Maid strawberry kiwi with yerba mate is a delicious juice drink providing a natural energy lift with the trusted great taste for which Minute Maid is known.”
Available in supermarkets and other retailers nationwide, Minute Maid strawberry kiwi flavored-juice drink is the brand’s first with the great-tasting strawberry and kiwi flavor combination.
Accompanying the launch of Minute Maid strawberry kiwi flavored-juice drink is a reformulation of one of the popular flavors from the Minute Maid Enhanced juice and juice drink line, Minute Maid pomegranate-flavored tea — now with only 40 calories per serving.
“Ingredients that provide a natural energy boost are among the most sought by time-strapped Americans. The unique combination of ingredients in Minute Maid Enhanced strawberry kiwi provides extra energy in a delicious way,” said Robyn Flipse, MS, RD. “And Minute Maid enhanced pomegranate flavored tea delivers great taste with fewer calories, an important option for many people today.”
The Minute Maid Enhanced juice and juice drink line delivers flavorful juice beverages with unique fortification for health-conscious consumers. In addition to the new Minute Maid strawberry kiwi flavor, the Minute Maid Enhanced juice and juice drink line includes Minute Maid pomegranate blueberry flavored 100% juice blend of five juices with Omega-3/DHA and four other nutrients to help nourish the brain and body.
Hershey gears up for Halloween with new assortments, special-edition candies
HERSHEY, Pa. Hershey has brewed up new ‘spook-tacular’ Halloween treats to excite trick-or-treaters and sweeten seasonal parties and candy dishes.
Adding a twist on an iconic chocolate treat, Hershey has transformed its Kisses brand by making them available in trick-or-treat packages each containing three individually wrapped Hershey’s Kisses chocolates. Additionally, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups introduces bags of snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins.
To make Halloween shopping eerily easy this season, Hershey offers a wide array of new candy assortments at retail, including:
- NEW – Hershey’s chocolate assortment with 28 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Milk Duds and Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bars)
- NEW – Hershey’s Seasonal Shapes assortment with 50 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Tombstone-shaped Moulded Bars in milk chocolate and Cookies ‘n’ Creme flavors, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins)
- NEW – Hershey’s candy assortment with 100 snack-size packages (Reese’s Pieces, Hershey’s chocolate lollipops, Milk Duds, Jolly Rancher Doubles, Whoppers malted milk balls and Twizzlers Rainbow Twists)
- NEW – Hershey’s candy Assortment with 125 snack-size packages (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Whoppers malted milk balls, Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars, Almond Joy and Heath milk chocolate English toffee bars)
- NEW – Frightfully Fun snack-size assortment (Twizzlers Rainbow Twists, Twizzlers Pull-N-Peel Green Apple, Jolly Rancher lollipops, Jolly Rancher Doubles and Good & Fruity)
- NEW – Good & Plenty, Good & Fruity snack-size assortment
- NEW – Hershey’s Monster Mix snack-size assortment (Hershey’s Chocolate lollipops, Jolly Rancher Doubles, Whoppers malted milk balls, Milk Duds, Twizzlers Strawberry Mini-Bars and Jolly Rancher Cherry Hard Candy Stix)
- NEW – Nuts & More Nuts assortment with 28 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Mr. Goodbar, Almond Joy Candy Bars, Hershey’s milk chocolate with almonds and PayDay Peanut Caramel Bars)
- All Time Greats assortment with 100 snack-size packages (Kit Kat, Whoppers malted milk balls, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey’s milk chocolate bars)
Hershey also helps celebrate the season with treats adorned in festive foils to spruce-up home and office candy dishes. Debuting are Halloween Hershey’s Kisses miilk chocolates and Halloween Reese’s miniatures milk and dark chocolate assortment, each individually wrapped in orange and black foils. Also new is Halloween Hershey’s Miniatures in purple, lime green, orange and black wrappers, adding a frightfully fun touch to seasonal decor.
Hershey’s seasonal offerings can be found at retailers nationwide. For more information on Hershey Halloween products, as well as costume ideas, spooky screensavers, desktop wallpapers, delicious recipes, craft activities and party invitations, visit www.TrickorTreats.com.